Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yellow pencils join the red list?

For those of you who don't know what the red list is, click here. Yellow pencils have a mysterious tendency to vanish in our house. The more we have, the faster they disappear. Once they're gone, we never see them again, almost as if they went on vacation to Hawaii or France, although I don't have a clue how they'd pay for it. Of course, almost everything disappears in our house, from pirate bandannas to widgets and whotsits. I'm currently down to my last 3 or 4 yellow pencils, which have thankfully remained loyal and not gone sneaking off like the rest of them. It's not just individual pencils though, a WHOLE PACK of unused pencils went missing recently. So much for re-stocking my shelves. I suppose most would blame human error for these strange events, personally, I blame the sprites*.

*= Mysterious purple fairies with a taste for mischief.

1 comment:

Melody9 said...

My fav pencil Paddy just diosappeared too.... how weird is that? I just reached for him and he was GONE! right off my desk too.... I only have 5 pencils to last me the school year and he's one of them... I hope he shows up soon. Oh well.... I can always use his sister penelopie.